Beep, a Florida-based autonomous mobility solutions company, announced a partnership with Bestmile, to use the Bestmile Fleet Orchestration Platform to plan, manage and orchestrate its autonomous shuttle fleets.
Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Beep offers autonomous mobility solutions to fleet owners and operators in low-speed environments across the public and private sector. From route planning to fully managed autonomous vehicle transportation services, Beep’s offerings are designed to drive differentiation, innovation, and a superior passenger experience with five essential benefits:
1. Safety: Driverless systems are void of human error, reducing the number of accidents and lowering liability exposure
2. Sustainability: Beep’s platform is being developed from inception to be a global ecosystem of passenger-focused applications
3. Efficiency: Remote managed services provide immediate access to skilled experts, lowering total cost of ownership
4. Technology: State-of-the-art Lidar sensors, cameras, GPS RTK, IMU, and odometry are processed with deep learning algorithms
5. Reduced footprint: Electric drivetrains guarantee a positive environmental impact on the community, reducing congestion with zero operating emissions
“This partnership and the inclusion of Bestmile’s technology into our solution represents Beep’s commitment to deploying safe, modern and scalable mobility solutions,” Beep CEO Joe Moye said in an announcement. “We are very excited about adding Bestmile’s capabilities to our solution and look forward to leveraging the innovation and efficiency that this proven technology brings to bear.”
Beep plans to begin rolling out its services in central Florida in coming months, integrating Bestmile’s fleet orchestration solutions into its managed service offering that includes the management and monitoring of its AV fleets of vehicles manufactured by Navya. The Bestmile platform will enable Beep to continually optimize all aspects of its autonomous fleet performance, including vehicle maintenance and service delivery to data analytics and machine learning for continuous improvement.
“Beep and Bestmile share a common mission to shape the future of transportation through intelligent autonomous mobility solutions,” said Bestmile CEO and cofounder Raphael Gindrat in a statement. “We are looking forward to this collaboration and delivering on the full potential of our joint solution.”
Bestmile’s platform has supported fleets on three continents since 2014, including the first autonomous fleets to operate on city streets as part of public transport networks. The Bestmile Fleet Orchestration Platform includes a complete suite of operator control systems and supports mobile applications that can be easily configured, and the platform’s APIs can be used to integrate operator tools and applications. The technology is cloud-based and can manage multiple fleets and locations, and offers multiple points of integration with operator, vehicle, driver, traveler and external data.
The full announcement from Beep can be found here.